Friday, July 29, 2011

Birthday card

It was my husband's B'day in June and I had to make a quilling card that was radically different from all my previous work. I started looking for ideas and found my inspiration from Suzana's work. This is my best work so far and the card looks much more stunning than the pictures.

 Here I folded an A4 paper into thirds and decorated the front with cutting out the paper. I used the heart shape that I have described in my previous post and inserted it in the heart shape that I had cut out from the card.
In this closeup of the top part, the open coils just follow the contour of the card and I love the pink circles supporting these open coils adding transparency to the card. The three brightly colored fringed flowers add a very beautiful touch.
The bottom part is finished with a increasing fan fold quilled strip and two open coils.

4 comments:

Thanks for your comment. I appreciate and value each one of them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...